It’s been said “if only” I didn’t… But truth be told, I’d like to think that there is a time and place for all things.
What about going off the deep end? I could say the same for that. Dive in, but know what you’re getting into first.
Too much is too much…Perhaps it’s good to know when the party is over. But while the party lasts, enjoy it!
And the point? Well in the end of all the hoopla, festivities, Christmas and partying, my body reached rotten bottom.
Would I do it all over again? Of course I would.
I had the idea of posting all of the sweet things I consumed during the nearly two weeks we were away. Just for kicks.
- Biscoff – those yummy cookies on Delta – I will not disclose the amount eaten
- Candy bars from the hotel vending machines – too many to count – but wonderful memories with the hubs as we had our sweet treats while playing the backgammon game we brought for late night tournaments.
- Pumpkin Muffin – from Panera Bread – Enjoyed a nice date with the hubs and sweet treats to end our meal. The hubs had the pecan braid, his favorite PB treat.
- Red Velvet Crinkle Cookie – from Panera Bread
- Sweet treats at the wedding
- Cold Stone Ice Cream – No way of knowing how many trips – Special memories – Especially after dinner with my bro and sis-in-law one evening.
- Starbucks – a few times – Especially the night we visited with my bro and sis-in-law – after dinner AND Cold Stone, we visited Starbucks until closing.
- Homemade Banana Bread – At mom’s house Christmas morning with coffee. The BEST!
- And the sweet goodies consumed at mom’s during Christmas week.
- Peanut Butter Fudge, mom makes the Best! It’s the #1 sweet thing I remember most during the holidays. Oh, she makes it with the crunchy peanut butter, my fav!
- Little mini cherry tarts – From mom’s kitchen
- German Chocolate Cake – Again this came from mom’s kitchen to my little bro for his Birthday. I consumed two (big) pieces alone.
So who makes a list of the sweet things they consumed? It’s a crazy list if you were to ask me. Anyone reading this probably thinks I’ve gone off the deep end. Allow me to confirm, I did!
And my system feels rotten. But I say all of that to say, these are a few of the sweet things I remember. The things that make a wedding, a wedding and Christmas, Christmas and special visits with family blended with coffee complete.
And for those things, I’m thankful.
And I’m thankful for new beginnings, new starts and a fresh new me that is beginning to feel back to normal.
And I kinda like that too.
Blessings – Debbie